How to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins: Kapow Cooking
These are super tasty muffins with a killer twist that’ll make everyone double-take and say, “What kind of muffins?”
This recipe is worthy of being labeled “KAPOW“. Yup, these babies are belligerent! ~ Kimberly Edwards
You’ll say proudly, “Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins” in a tantalizing way…You know what kind of punch these muffins will give out. KAPOW!
Not only a conversation piece because they’ll all try to ask you to confirm you were incorrect in what you were saying…”You mean chocolate chip muffins…?” as you’re chuckling to yourself because Kimberly told you so…
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: melted butter & a glass of milk
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 22-25 min
Yield: 12 muffins
* The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Kapow Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tea – In this show, I used iced tea; you may use water.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp canola oil – You may also use vegetable or peanut oil
- 6 chocolate chip cookies – broken into chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt & stir to evenly distribute.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract, tea.
- Pour half the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and stir until combined. Repeat.
- Be sure oven is preheated and muffin trays are ready to be filled prior to adding cookie chunks to the batter.
- Add chocolate chip cookie chunks into the batter. Quickly, but gently stir them in to the batter to evenly distribute them.
- Fill the muffin trays to 3/4 full with batter. * Tip: Using a measuring spoon makes this easier work.
- Test if they’re done by inserting a tester. If the tester comes out clean, they’re finished. If the tester comes out still wet with batter from the center of a muffin, bake an additional few minutes and re-test.
- Remove muffins from trays after sitting 3-5 min and cool them on a cooling rack.
Serve with butter on them, and a glass of milk or hot tea! Yummy…for real! #justsayin
- Subscribe to CookingWithKimberly.com
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on iFood.tv
- Save the “Kapow Cooking with Kimberly” Playlist
- Like on Facebook
- Follow @CookingWithKimE